Panama, Panama City Mission

Panama, Panama City Mission
Panama, Panama City Mission

Thursday, July 24, 2014

A Baptism Invitation, Playing Catch, and Lots of Answered Questions - Week 2

Elder Sanders really enjoying sacrament meeting
Elder Sanders was so excited when one of his good friends arrived at the CCM. Elder I. grew up with Ty and graduated from Monache High School with him. He will be serving his mission in Peru.
Elder Sanders and Elder M.... Ty told us the Elder M. was a pitcher in high school. Another Elder brought two gloves to the CCM and these boys got to play catch together. Ty refers to it in his email.
Ty's district in the CCM

Here is Elder Sanders' email this week....
Hi family!! It's been an awesome week. I have grown so much spirit wise. Just to let you know I received around 15 letters on Monday! Haha, definitely the way to start my week. So last week we had taught a total of 5 lessons with our investigator Jorge. I memorized the invitation to be baptized in Spanish and invited him. He accepted and it was the most amazing thing I had felt. Two nights later we are sitting in class and "Jorge" walks in, in a suit and an instructor name tag on. So come to find out he's a member and there will be no baptism. LOL! At least I don't have to teach him about tithing. I have seen Elder I. about 10 times and we took a picture. I sent it to your email mom. I'm getting really close with all the Elders in my casa. When we get done with our classes at night, we come back to the casa and we hang out for about an hour and talk. We are all pretty hilarious. I have been eating a lot actually. Every morning I make some toast and have a banana and an apple. Aren't you proud of me momma? We have gym time from about 2:00-3:00 everyday except Sunday. We have been playing volleyball. Now you all know how competitive I am. There are some other elders who think they know what's up and how to play so they try and boss me around. You all can guess how that goes! LOL!I should really work on being more Christlike. I have to say the letter I got from Braeden about sleeping in my bed and laying with my cat definitely cracked me up. The days here feel like weeks but the weeks feel like days. I honestly can't believe I got here two weeks ago. It has flown by. I have done my laundry by myself for two weeks now and have taken good care of myself. I'm fighting off a cold right now so I've been taking my vitamins nightly. Elder O., who's in our casa, brought two baseball gloves!!! So Elder M. and I played catch for about 20 minutes yesterday. I sent off a letter to home Monday. There is a letter for my family, one for Meme and Papa, one for Gramary and Papa Paul, one for Nana and Charles, and one for Kayla. There are some presents inside also. Here's the deal with the talks on Sundays. We have to prepare a talk and when sacrament meeting starts our Branch President (Bishop) announces who will be speaking that day. Pretty stressful. I haven't been picked yet but I think that'll change this Sunday.

Elder Sanders and his Nana's (my sister) conversation:

I don't want to take up your time with your momma but I wanted to tell you that the Jorge story cracked me up. I waited all week to see if you sent baptism pictures.LOL!!! I just got off the phone with Elder P. (Ty's best friend). He called us to say good-bye. I shared with him a few things from your email and he cracked up. He sounded so happy and he is SOOOOOOOOOO excited to go today to the MTC. He will be in the MTC in two hours. He wondered if he would see us. LOL! I love you soooooooo much Ty!!!!

I love you too Nana! My email time is an hour a day. I'm excited for Elder P. I hope he has an easier time than I did. The first week was really tough for me. Keep me updated on everything happening in life. I love you sooooooooo MUCH!

One more question....Did you like stick Ty?

Oh my goodness, it was hilarious! I showed my companion and he cracked up too!

We need THERAPY!!

It's okay, I did the first week too! LOL!

Elder Sanders' conversation with his dad:

How's the Spanish coming along? Do you need anything? Have you used your LDS bank card or your ATM card?

The Spanish is coming along great! I can talk really well when it comes to things pertaining to the gospel. Still a little iffy on common converstions though. I haven't found anything that I'm missing. I haven't used my bank card or my LDS one. When I got to the Mexico airport, I did a currency exchange for $25. I've been using that to get snacks that I need.

That's great! Has it been difficult to get used to a different currency?

Yes a little, but I'm adjusting to it okay.

How's Elder I. (Ty's good friend from home) doing? Elder P. reports today so not sure if you can send him an email to welcome him to the Provo MTC. Tell me about your flight.

Elder I. is doing really good. A lot better than I did the first couple of days. LOL! I sent Elder P. an email and let him know that he will love the work he's about to start. The flight wasn't too bad. I wasn't that nervous. I was nervous driving through Mexico City to the CCM though. Holy Cow, that was scary!

Bet it was great to play catch. How's the weather? Are you keeping warm and dry? Did you get a package from Gramary and Papa Paul?

Gramary and Papa sent a package with chips and dip, root beer, candy, and a letter. It was AWESOME!! I'm staying warm and dry, yes sir! Playing catch was the best feeling ever!

Hope you shared with your companions. Did your companions play baseball also?

I shared with them!! And yes, Elder M. was a pitcher. We played catch and I could tell from just tossing the ball that he could really bring it. Oh, and I love stick Tyler. It made me laugh! Haha!


This is "Stick Ty". He goes on trips with us and loves to have his picture taken. It's cheaper than therapy!

Have you gotten used to the food yet?

I have gotten used to the food I guess. I eat lots of meat and fruit. Oh and I make nutella/peanut butter sandwiches every morning for breakfast!

I think your time is almost up. We love you so much. Our family is being blessed by your faithful service.

Well my hour is up. I love you so much Dad. Thank you for everything you do for me. You're an awesome role model for me. I have taught my companion what Darryl means and he is using it. I love you dad and I will be looking forward to talking with you next week. Send letters, they help so much! Take care.

Elder Tyler Sanders

Elder Sanders' and Braeden's conversation:

Hey Homeskillet (Ty would punch Brae every time Brae would say this). It's Brae. Love you and love sleeping in your bed with Gus. LOL! I started band camp. Love you Big Bro!

Glad you started Band Camp and are getting used to high school life. Can't wait to hear all about it. I love you too buddy!

Elder Sanders' and Cason's conversation:

This is Cason...I love you Ty!

I love you too wee man!

Ty and my conversation:

Are you not feeling good? Is it really cold and rainy there?

It absolutely POURS here in the evening. I have never experienced so much rain and thunder. I am just fighting off a cold. No biggie! I'm taking my vitamins.

Do you have a schedule of your day? We would love to see a picture of it. We are always wondering what you are doing at different times during the day.

I'll take a picture and send it to you next week but this is what it consists of:

7:00 Breakfast
7:30-8:30 Personal study
8:30-12:00 Class
12:00-12:45 Lunch
1:00-2:00 Language study
2:00-3:00 Gym
3:30-4:30 Study
5:00-5:30 Planning
5:30-6:15 Dinner
6:30-9:30 Classes

Are you reading the little cards I made for you daily? (I made postcards for him for each day he is in the MTC with quotes and notes to him on them)

I am reading my cards daily! I look forward to them every night. I love them! Seriously, the testimonies and pictures you guys sent me with is what got me through the first week. I love you so much momma! Thank you for everything you have done for me. I couldn't ask for anyone better but you. I came here so prepared and am thankful for that. I love you so much! I miss my bestfriend!

I would do it all again for you precious boy! You and your brothers and daddy are my world. I'm so glad you didn't have to worry about the little things. The payback is that you are happy and enjoying this experience. We are all being so blessed because of your service. The tender mercies are pretty amazing. I wrote to you through dear elder and shared some of them with you. Don't get in trouble. When you need to get off, just let me know. I love you sooooooooooooooooo much!

Welp, my hour is up momma! I'll be looking forward to talking to you next week. I hope you like the note I left for you and I hope you all are getting back into the norm. I love you so much mom! Tell the brothers they are the best and to stay busy. I love my family with all my heart. My leaders are awesome and love and care about me. Until next week!

Elder Tyler Sanders

No comments:

Post a Comment